Youi car hire
Your very own rental car
If you added car hire as an optional cover to your vehicle cover, you will enjoy access to a rental car for a maximum of 30 days after a claimable accident where your vehicle had been stolen, when it’s not driveable or whilst it’s being repaired at the panel beater. Your premium will be based on the specific car hire group you selected, these include:
- Group A – 4 or 5-door hatchback (or similar) with no power steering, radio or aircon
- Group B – 4 or 5-door verhicle with aircon, power steering, radio and CD
- Group D – Automatic transmission (can be equipped with the necessary devices for disabled people). Please allow a 72-hour lead time for these to be fitted
- Group F and G – 5-door vehicle with automatic transmission, power steering, aircon and radio/cd
- Group N – 8-seater vehicle with aircon, power steering, radio and CD
- LDV – Bakkie with or without a canopy.
- Refundable security deposit – A refundable security deposit of R500 is payable to Avis on receipt of your vehicle.
- Delivery fee – If the delivery/collection address is furthen than 50 km from your closest Avis branch, a delivery/collection fee is payable.
- Excess amounts – If you’re involved in a vehicle accident or if the rental vehicle is stolen, you will need to pay Avis the specified excess amount (please confirm this amount with Avis).
- Mileage – Depending on the car hire group you selected, you may be liable for costs in case the mileage limit has been exceeded.